We are stoked to launch our first 100% public online contest. Open to all. Take a good shot from your camera/go pro or phone and win some money.
Some small but fun looking waves finally on the forecast from tropical storm Gabrielle. So we are looking forward to the first entries this week. NYSEA urges the photographers out there to push each other and get creative.
Will YO shot Win ?
- YO SHOT Challenge HERE
- The Yo Shot Challenge is open to the public, and encourages photographers/surfers from all corners of the world to participate by capturing a moment of NY surf.
- $1500 will be awarded to the winning photographer with an additional $500 awarded to the Surfer pictured in the winning photo!
- Photographers can submit up to 20 photos taken during the contest entry period September 10th – December 6th, 2013.
- The winner will be decided by a 100% public vote. First round of voting will be December 9th – 13th. Viewers are allowed to vote for as many photos as they would like during this round!
- The top 12 qualified photos from the first round will make it to the final vote December 16th – 20th, where viewers will only be able to pick one photo to win.
- Full Terms and conditions
We asked professional photographer and the 2012 Surfline User photo of the year winner Matt Clark what he thought about the contest.
He is one of the most humble guys out there, but that does not transcend into his competitive nature.
Will Yo Shot beat Clark’s?